Michel Forand

Michel Forand

Posted on 03/20/2015


Photo taken on March 19, 2015


See also...


Authorizations, license

Visible by: Everyone
All rights reserved

259 visits

CANADA: Nova Scotia -- Bay of Fundy

Isle Haute Lighthouse, ca. 1955

Isle Haute Lighthouse, ca. 1955 

Isle Haute (sometimes spelled Île Haute) is located about 7 km south-southwest of Cape Chignecto in the entrance to Minas Basin. It was named by the French explorer Samuel de Champlain in 1604.

Its first lighthouse, seen here, was established in 1878. The keeper and his family were the island's only inhabitants. The old lighthouse was destroyed by fire in 1956 and relaced by a skeletal tower.

The above view is a tourism promotion card based on a photo provided by the Canadian Embassy in Paris, and produced by Editions Gaud, also in Paris.

Comments