Michel Forand

Michel Forand

Posted on 03/20/2015


Photo taken on March 19, 2015


See also...


Authorizations, license

Visible by: Everyone
All rights reserved

Photo replaced on March 20, 2015
162 visits

CANADA: Nova Scotia -- Bay of Fundy

Horton Lighthouse, ca. 1900

Horton Lighthouse, ca. 1900 

The first Horton Lighthouse (also known as Horton Bluff) was built in 1851, on the west side of the Avon River in Minas Basin, about 5 km norfthwest of Hantsport. The postcard shows the second lighthouse, built in 1883 after its predecessor burned down. The lighthouse was demolished in 1961 and replaced by a range light.

The postcard publishers Valentine & Sons misspelled the name as "Norton" on this and similar postcards.

Comments