Michel Forand

Michel Forand

Posted on 03/20/2015

Photo taken on March 19, 2015

See also...

Authorizations, license

Visible by: Everyone
All rights reserved

344 visits

Joggins Lighthouse, ca. 1940

Joggins Lighthouse, ca. 1940
The town of Joggins, on the eastern side of the entrance to the Cumberland Basin at the northeastern end of the Bay of Fundy, became the centre of coal-producing activity in the late 19th century and early 20th century.

The little Joggins Lighthouse, seen at the end of the pier in this poorly produced postcard, was established in 1912. It was very similar to the lighthouse at Hall's Harbour: a white, square, box-like structure, made of wood, supported by four steel columns.