Michel Forand

Michel Forand

Posted on 03/20/2015


Photo taken on March 19, 2015


See also...


Authorizations, license

Visible by: Everyone
All rights reserved

277 visits

Cape St. Mary Lighthouse, ca. 1910

Cape St. Mary Lighthouse, ca. 1910
Cape St. Mary is located about halfway between Meteghan and Port Maitland, marking the east side of the entrance to St. Mary's Bay.

The above photo postcard, showing the first lighthouse and other buildings on the station, was made by the writer ("Annie") or by someone in her family.

The lighthouse, a 43-foot tall octagonal tower, was built in 1868. The light, at 103 feet above the high water mark, flashed red and white over a distance of 16 miles (Department of Marine and Fisheries, 1902 List of Lights).

The lighthouse was replaced by a more modern building in 1969.

Comments