Michel Forand

Michel Forand

Posted on 03/19/2015

Photo taken on March 19, 2015

See also...

Authorizations, license

Visible by: Everyone
All rights reserved

321 visits

Boar's Head Lighthouse, ca. 1950

Boar's Head Lighthouse, ca. 1950
Boar's Head is located at the northwest end of Long Island, marking the entrance to the Petit Passage between the island and Digby Neck.

The postcard shows a distant view of the original Boar's Head Lighthouse, built in 1863. This was an "integral" lighthouse, with the lantern room rising from the roof of the keeper's house.

The fog-alarm building, seen on the right, was added in 1910.

The original lighthouse was replaced by a "pepper-pot" tower in 1957.