Michel Forand

Michel Forand

Posted on 03/19/2015


Photo taken on March 19, 2015


See also...


Authorizations, license

Visible by: Everyone
All rights reserved

290 visits

CANADA: Nova Scotia -- Bay of Fundy

Cape d'Or Lighthouse, ca. 1975

Cape d'Or Lighthouse, ca. 1975 

Cap d'Or (Cape of Gold) is the name given by Samuel de Champlain in 1607 to a promontory that advances boldly towards the area where the Minas Channel leads into the Bay of Fundy. The name has survived as Cape d'Or, a combination of French and English.

The second Cape d'Or lighthouse, a square tower rising from one corner of the new fog-signal building, was built in 1965. The two buildings on the left were the keepers' dwellings, which have since been converted into a restaurant and an inn.

Comments