Michel Forand

Michel Forand

Posted on 03/19/2015

Photo taken on March 19, 2015

See also...

Authorizations, license

Visible by: Everyone
All rights reserved

353 visits

Cape d'Or Lighthouse, ca. 1975

Cape d'Or Lighthouse, ca. 1975
Cap d'Or (Cape of Gold) is the name given by Samuel de Champlain in 1607 to a promontory that advances boldly towards the area where the Minas Channel leads into the Bay of Fundy. The name has survived as Cape d'Or, a combination of French and English.

The second Cape d'Or lighthouse, a square tower rising from one corner of the new fog-signal building, was built in 1965. The two buildings on the left were the keepers' dwellings, which have since been converted into a restaurant and an inn.