Michel Forand

Michel Forand

Posted on 03/19/2015


Photo taken on March 19, 2015


See also...


Authorizations, license

Visible by: Everyone
All rights reserved

Photo replaced on March 19, 2015
280 visits

Advocate Harbour Lighthouse, 1911

Advocate Harbour Lighthouse, 1911
Advocate Harbour is a small community in the northeastern Bay of Fundy, about 8 km east of Cape Chignecto. Its light was established in 1884 on the north side of the harbour entrance but four years later was moved to the south side.

The lighthouse, with dwelling attached, was 27 feet tall, and its fixed red light was 36 feet above the high water mark. It was replaced by a simple skeletal tower in 1967.

According to the message on the reverse, this postcard was made from a personal photo taken in June 1911.

Comments