Location


See also...

Rotunda - Round Churches - Rotonde - Rundkirchen Rotunda - Round Churches - Rotonde - Rundkirchen



Keywords

round
ossuary
Austria
Carinthia
Oesterreich
Kaernten
karner
Pisweg


Authorizations, license

Visible by: Everyone
All rights reserved

82 visits

Pisweg - St. Lambert

Pisweg - St. Lambert
St. Lambert, parish church of the village of Pisweg, today a part of Gurk, was mentioned the first time in 1164.

The round Karner (ossuary), next to the church, is dated to the 13th century. Now used as a war memorial it is known for the frescoes under the dome.

Comments

Sign-in to write a comment.