See also...


Keywords

14
nave
France
Saint-Ouen
Basse-Normandie
Calvados
Rots
blind arch


Authorizations, license

Visible by: Everyone
All rights reserved

87 visits

Rots - Saint-Ouen

Rots - Saint-Ouen
The parish church of the small village Rots was a dependency of the abbey Abbaye Saint-Ouen de Rouen, founded by the merovingian nobility in the 7th century, in medieval times.

The nave dates back to the 12th century, while the Gothic transept and the choir are younger. The structure of church, situated in the center of the graveyard, suffered severely by a "reconstruction" of the late 19th century, when large parts were just rebuilt, and the devastation during the Battle of Normandy (1944), when the church was hit by shells.

The sides of the Romanesque is flanked by blind arches (see previous upload). Here are some of these arches. Very similar ones can be found outside.

Comments