Ken Dies

Ken Dies

Posted on 07/16/2013


Photo taken on August  7, 2012


See also...

Mushrooms Mushrooms



Keywords

Inocybe
rimosa


Authorizations, license

Visible by: Everyone
All rights reserved

250 visits

Deadly Inocybe (Inocybe rimosa)

Deadly Inocybe  (Inocybe rimosa)
The cap is cone shaped at first then expands, usually retaining a pointed umbo. Large amount of the deadly toxin, muscarin is present. Do not eat!!!!

Cats 99 has particularly liked this photo


Comments
Cats 99
Cats 99
I will look only! They are beautiful with that very pointy hat on top! They should be called "Witch's Hat" Mushrooms, in my opinion! :)
5 years ago.
Sylvain Bournival
Sylvain Bournival
Nice pic of this nice mushroom. (By the way, while highly toxic, muscarin is rarely deadly, except in massive doses without medical aid; atropin is the antidote).
5 years ago.
Colette Moskalyk
Colette Moskalyk
They look to be quite tiny compared to some of the leaves but they do stand out quite well. Nice sharp photo.
5 years ago.