Location


See also...

Industrial shots Industrial shots


Industrial Landscapes Industrial Landscapes


Mining Heritage Mining Heritage


Industrial Archaeology Industrial Archaeology


From (t)here to ipernity From (t)here to ipernity


New Flickr Survivors New Flickr Survivors


Abandoned Places Abandoned Places


Old industry Old industry


Wales Cymru Wales Cymru


Abandoned Abandoned


See more...

Keywords

abandoned
disused
industry
wales
mining
coal
glamorgan
rhonnda
trehafod


Authorizations, license

Visible by: Everyone
All rights reserved

246 visits

Lewis Merthyr

Lewis Merthyr
Lewis Merthyr Colliery was closed in June 1983 and has now become part of the Rhonnda Heritage Park. Coal ceased to be wound here in 1958 after the colliery was merged with Tymawr pit. The Bertie and Trefor shafts seen here were sunk in 1880 and 1881.

Frans Schols, Andy Rodker, Don Barrett (aka DBs travels), Bernhard Sonderhuesken have particularly liked this photo


Comments
 Andy Rodker
Andy Rodker club
A magnificent shot! Seen on Alba ...
2 years ago.
 Frans Schols
Frans Schols club
Schitterende foto,gelukkig dat dit is bewaard gebleven! Groeten Frans.....
2 years ago.

Sign-in to write a comment.