Location


See also...

Industrial Archaeology Industrial Archaeology


From (t)here to ipernity From (t)here to ipernity


New Flickr Survivors New Flickr Survivors


Ireland Ireland



Keywords

ireland
corrugated iron
tipperary
dromineer


Authorizations, license

Visible by: Everyone
All rights reserved

197 visits

Redcliffe Crown

Redcliffe Crown
Corrugated iron maker's mark in the roof of a derelict holiday home at Dromineer in the Irish Republic

Galvanised iron with the Redcliffe brand stamp has been manufactured since mid-1874 by a partnership between William Bomford Wright and Joseph Tinn, trading under the name W.B. Wright & Co., Chapel Street, St. Philip’s, Bristol. The trademarks and goodwill associated with the Redcliffe Crown Galvanised Iron Works were acquired by John Lysaght Ltd on 21 May 1895 for £990. In 1920 Lysaght sold its British interests to Guest Keen and Nettlefolds (GKN). While the brands ‘Queen’s Head,’ ‘Fleur-de-Lis’ and ‘Orb’ were continued from previous times, the Redcliffe Crown brand seems to have been discontinued at that time.

Information from: Redcliffe Crown Corrugated Iron in Australasia, Its History, Marketing and Distribution 1875-1921 - Dirk HR Spennemann

Majka has particularly liked this photo


Comments
 Cold War Warrior
Cold War Warrior
Interesting. Lysaght's nephews went on of course, to found the Orb Works in Newport, the Transporter Bridge being built to provide access for their workers across the river.
2 years ago.

Sign-in to write a comment.