Visible by: Everyone
All rights reserved
Elijah Forrester Hughes, Cobridge
Around 1870 Elijah Hughes took control of the brickworks at Bleak Hill started by his father John in the 1840s. In 1881 the census shows him as a fire brick manufacturer employing 11 men. He moved his home from Burslem to Little Haywood by 1891 and retired from the business before 1901. The last entry for this works in the trade directories is in 1900.