See also...See more...
Visible by: Everyone
All rights reserved
Ravenhead Sanitary Pipe and Brick Company Limited
The Ravenhead Sanitary Pipe and Brick Co. was located alongside Burtonhead Road in between Ravenhead Colliery's nos. 7 and 8 pits and nos. 9, 10 and 11 pits. It had been established around 1850 by W. Edwards, David Horn and John William Kelly, trading as Lavender and Co. with premises at Ravenhead Pottery and in Liverpool. In May 1857 Edwards left the partnership and the firm became Horn and Kelly and later the Ravenhead Sanitary Brick Company. In May 1874 the duo's partnership was dissolved when David Horn appears to have taken over the business and in 1875 it was registered as the Ravenhead Sanitary Pipe and Brick Co. The Upholland Brick and Tile Co Ltd was taken over in 1908.