2c.

2c.

Posted on 02/10/2014


Photo taken on June  2, 2008


See also...

Cucho B&W Cucho B&W


Abandoned Places Abandoned Places


PHOTOS OF INTEREST PHOTOS OF INTEREST


Silence Silence


Europe Europe


Abandoned Abandoned


Black and White Black and White


See more...

Keywords

sky
clouds
station
railway
Abandoned
Uk
GB
N Ireland


Authorizations, license

Visible by: Everyone
All rights reserved

324 visits

Abandoned GNR Station, Annagamore, Co Armagh, N. Ireland.

Abandoned GNR Station, Annagamore, Co Armagh, N. Ireland.
Opened in 1858 by the Portadown, Dungannon and Omagh Junction Railway, which the Great Northern Railway (GNR) took over in 1876. Annaghmore was served by GNR passenger trains between Belfast Great Victoria Street and Londonderry Foyle Road via Portadown. The GNR built a fruit store at the station for the considerable traffic of locally-grown produce mainly apples and strawberries, that it shipped out of the area by special trains. The Ulster Transport Authority took over the GNR's remaining lines in Northern Ireland in 1958 and closed the Portadown to Omagh section on 15 February 1965.

The railway ran parallel from the right bottom corner hedge to the right of the main station building and beyond. After closure the railway became a garage for many years, nowadays it's lies derelict and abandoned. The site has full planning permission for apartments so it's future existence would seem very uncertain.
h

Christina Sonnenschein, Mitch Seaver, Linuxica Jenesis have particularly liked this photo


Comments
Mitch Seaver
Mitch Seaver
Great work!
4 years ago.
2c. has replied to Mitch Seaver
Thanks Mitch! Delighted you like it!
4 years ago.