Kaysgeog

Kaysgeog

Posted on 05/03/2010


Photo taken on May  3, 2010



See also...

Architect Basil Spence Architect Basil Spence



Keywords

scotland
spence
basil
bell
modern
architect
edinburgh
modernist
campanile
tower
church
architecture
clermiston


Authorizations, license

Visible by: Everyone
Attribution + non Commercial + no derivative

108 visits

St Andrew's Church, Clermiston

St Andrew's Church, Clermiston
The rear of the church showing the floor to ceiling windows which flood the altar space with light while the nave is pierced with simple square windows. The wall behind the nave is angled. The undressed stone, whitewashed harled walls and slate roof are traditional Scottish features, giving the building an almost rural appearance.

St Andrew’s Church, Clermiston View, Edinburgh, by Basil Spence & Partners (1957-9). Church of Scotland parish church with landmark free-standing bell tower or campanile. Built on an elevated terraced site on the western slopes of Corstorphine Hill in a post-war suburb.

Interior image from church's own website www.edinburghstandrewsclermiston.org.uk/images/worship.jpg .

Comments