Visible by: Everyone
All rights reserved
Monument in the Green Alley Cemetery
The Green Alley Cemetery (or Begraafplaats Groenesteeg in Dutch) was opened in 1827 when burials in churches were prohibited. The cemetery was closed as an active burial ground in 1976 and now it is a little park. It was a cemetery for the rich and well-to-do. The graves of many professors of Leiden University can be found here.