Alan H

Alan H

Posted on 05/23/2013


Photo taken on May 23, 2013


See also...

Wooden Architecture Wooden Architecture



Keywords

35mm film
nikon fm


Authorizations, license

Visible by: Everyone
Attribution

88 visits

Kranjska Gora

Kranjska Gora
The Russian Chapel, next to the road across the Vršič mountain pass in NW Slovenia.
Over 10,000 Russian POWs constructed the road between 1915 and 1916. In March 1916 an avalanche buried over 300 of the russians as well as several austrian guards. The exact number of the dead was never established. The chapel was built by surviving POWs in 1917 in memory of their dead companions.
Taken in June 1991.

novogorodec has particularly liked this photo


Comments