See also...


Authorizations, license

Visible by: Everyone
All rights reserved

40 visits

Church of St James the Great at Blakedown

Church of St James the Great at Blakedown
Grade II Listed Building..."Parish church. 1866, by G E Street, extended 1905. Sandstone rubble with machine tile roof. Nave, chancel and north aisle of 1905. Nave: three bays with two cinquefoiled light window to left, a trefoiled lancet, gabled porch to right.

West window of three cinquefoiled lights under 2-centred head below timber bellcote with shingled pyramidal roof. Chancel: one trefoiled lancet; east window of three cinquefoiled lights. Aisle: two windows of two pointed lights, to left end a window of two cinquefoiled lights under square head.

Interior: three-bay arcade to aisle has two Tudor arches and a smaller 2-centred arch to west. Bellcote supported by large arch-braced collar truss.Fittings: almost all are early C20."

Comments

Sign-in to write a comment.