mrpb27

mrpb27

Posted on 10/17/2015


Photo taken on October 18, 2015




Keywords

village
GC1KA0R
Bobbingworth
D5200
GuessWhereUK
GWUK
gcinfo
mrpb27
18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF AF-S VR DX
GB
Saxon
Essex
UK
England
Nikon
cache
geocaching
sign
Bovinger


Authorizations, license

Visible by: Everyone
All rights reserved

121 visits

Two faced

Two faced
Bobbingworth, commonly called Bovinger, is a parish immediately to the north-west of Chipping Ongar. The middle element in the name of the parish suggests early Saxon settlement. Bobbingworth now has an area of 2,595 acres. It was formerly 1,642 acres but was increased in 1946 by the incorporation of the detached part of High Ongar lying immediately to the west of Bobbingworth and of the detached part of Moreton (½ acre) lying to the north-east of Ashlyns. In 1801 the population was 216. By 1841 it had grown to 357; then it declined to 270 in 1901. In the first half of the 20th century it was a little above 300 until the incorporation of the detached part of High Ongar brought it to 483 in 1951.
---------
Originally taken and posted for the GWUK group.
Guessed by Scarlet Pimpernel

Trudy Tuinstra has particularly liked this photo


Comments