Visible by: Everyone
All rights reserved
Evjemoen was established in 1912 as a new training ground for Rogaland Infantry Regiment no. 8 (IR8) in connection with the introduction of new military in 1911. The camp came as a replacement for Madla Moen where the regiment had met earlier. Large insulated soldier barracks were built because of the need for this during 1st World War. Evjemoen however, proved unsuitable for IR 8 which withdrew after a few years. The camp was used for training and refresher training until WW II when the occupation forces re-established the camp and enlarged the area to the south.
Trudy Tuinstra has particularly liked this photo