With a population of 8,700, the town of Napajedla is a place rich in history and cultural traditions. It is situated in an interesting natural ambiente where the lines between three regions intersect-Haná, Valašsko, and the Lower Moravian Lowlands. Here is where the Amber Route, later called Imperial or Royal Route, was passing through, some authorities say. Napajedla translates "watering places" which is a good name for a place where merchant caravans crossed the river, allowing the cattle time to rest and drink. The oldest trace in historic documents that testifies to Napa-jedla's existence is the Charles IV's 1362 privilege granted to the Moravian margrave Jan Jindřich to collect toll for passing through Napajedla. Napajedla must have played an important role because Charles IV promoted it to township with the privilege to use wood from the Hříběcí Hory mountains. More privileges were granted to Napajedla by another 9 Bohemian Kings and Emperors and many are recorded in the State District Archives. By the l6th century, Napajedla was royal property granted to nobles in appreciation of their services. Most outstanding among the noble holders were the Žerotíns whose rule brought about expansion. But most sights date back to the Rotál Family era: 3 mansions (old, new and little mansion), the parish, a church, the pub "U Koruny", with the new mansion and park presiding over the town. The Rotál rule carried on for 156 years. The Earls of Stockau introduced industry to Napajedla-a prosperous sugar factory and a beer brewery. Earl Aristides Baltazari founded the till date famous stud-farm, now the oldest farm in Central Europe, which has been breeding full-blooded English horses. 1898 was a milestone for Napajedla because the township was raised to town by Emperor Francis Joseph I. The great event motivated the town fathers to erect the new pseudo-Renaissance town hall in 1904. The town then gradually evolved to an administrative, social and economic centre of regional importance. Local industries are represented by Fatra, the plastics producer, founded during the Baťa era; and Slávia, a manufacturer of diesel engines and machines, founded by the Pařík brothers at the beginning of the century. Napajedla's recreation centre is called Pahrbek and is situated in one of the restful quarters. 1998 will be the centennial anniversary of Napajedla's town status.