The mirrored negative images
I posted were created using GIMP, insprired by goplayer. These images were created from a photo using these steps:
- open the photo in 2 GIMP windows,
- open layer dialog and set opacity to 50%,
- set layer->transparency->color to alpha,
- transform one photo using image->transform->flip,
- color->invert (possibly boost saturation or tweek hues),
- in window of other image, again, set opacity+transparency,
- paste and reset opacity,
- save (for safety)
- layer->remove alpha channel, and save.
Hope this works. Please leave a comment if you have a better way or if there are mistakes.