Up until this point, the only photos I've been able to take of the moon turned out to be small circles of light... blurry and unidentifiable. But, this evening I thought I'd give the task a try with the new camera.
Well, I have to say that the results didn't turn out half bad...
At first I tried taking a photo with the settings at automatic, but it didn't turn out quite the way I would have liked. It was better than what I'd been able to do with other cameras I owned, but still could have been better.
So, I started playing with shutter speeds and focus, as the new camera allows me do such adjustments.
The photo that I liked the most was taken with a shutter setting of 1/400. I tried faster speeds, but began to lose some of the moon's brightness. At slower speeds, I started to lose resolution.
But this one seemed to be a nice balance, and the camera made the entire process pretty easy and fun to do.
I like the results of my first attempt at photographing astronomical bodies.