Some time ago I wrote in a comment to a picture, that I heard, that Fuji will discontinue the Neopan b/w film. As one can read on filmphotography.eu/news/fujifilm-neopan-400-und-provia-400x-werden-eingestellt , this is true - and is not. It obviously concerns only the ISO 400 type, the ISO 100 will furthermore be on production. Also the slide film Provia 400X will be discontinued.
Alternatives for the Neopan 400 are:
- Rollei Retro 400s
- Kodak T-Max 400 and TRI-X 400
- Ilford HP5 Plus and Delta 400
- Neopan 100, which can be pushed to ISO 400 without any problems (and I do this on a very regular base)
- Rollei RBX100 @400, which I am testing currently. A first picture I posted here: www.ipernity.com/doc/detlevm/29277073
Unfortunately there are, according to the article specified above, no direct alternatives for the Provia 400X, it was the last film of it's kind. There are only some ISO 100 and 200 slide films left:
- AgfaPhoto CT Precisa 100
- Rollei Digibase CR 200
- Lomography X-Pro Slide 200
- Fujifilm Velvia 50, Velvia 100, and Provia 100F.
Visible by: Everyone (public).
All rights reserved