I started a new piece just for the weekend (and because I had finished my first "Roll Your Own" mandala and wasn't ready to start on the second mandala of the series!). My new project is "Save the Stitches", a blackwork sampler SAL from Elizabeth Almond. Here is how far I got this weekend on parts 1, 2 and 3 for the SAL: the outline and 3.5 of16 fill patterns:



I changed out things a little from the pattern since I wasn't too keen on using DMC metallics and I don't have the colors called for in Kreinik. So... out came the same set of DMC colors I'm using for "Roll Your Own" - two blues (DMC 312 and 798)and a green (DMC 3850). You might be able to see the colors better here in this closeup:



I have to pick out some beads still but the beading will be the last thing I do on this.

Oh, and the last of the indoor Christmas decorations came down on Friday night (yes, I now, a full month and a half late... and the ornaments probably are in the wrong boxes and bins but it is done and back in the storage room!) and the tax booklet for our accountant was completed Sunday afternoon (and copied and FedExed out this morning). So , in all, a good weekend!