Using Maizenberg's book, it was not too difficult to dismantle the top and front plates. The trickiest part was to remove the front leather to expose a hidden screw. It has been already removed and reglued, a small patch at the edge was torn and "replaced" with a good amount of glue. It turns out that the selftimer actually work : its trigger was blocked by dirt.


I also removed the leather from the back using sharp blades, and scraped off painstakingly the old glue... this took some time. Next I removed the meter : external chromed parts are cleaned, I will have to check the wiring and contacts of the internal parts.

A few hours worth of autopsy work :